Looking for Alexa compatible smart locks? Well, it is difficult to imagine a smart home door lock that cannot take voice command. It is convenient and fun to command Alexa to close the front door. Smart home devices are gaining popularity in our homes. Choosing the right smart home device is the key to proper conformity with other smart devices. And the ability to support voice commands is an integral part of smart home devices.
We shortlisted the best smart locks that work with Alexa to help you choose the right lock.
August WiFi Smart Lock
Wifi smart lock is a 4th generation smart lock by August. Launched in April 2020, it is a worthy upgrade to the already popular smart lock pro model.
It comes with perfect compatibility and integration with Alexa by Amazon, Siri by Apple Homekit, Google Assistant, and 12 other brands.
One of the standout features in our review of August WiFi Smart Lock is the direct connectivity with wifi. It does not require a hub through which most of the smart locks connect and provide compatibility with Alexa.
Let us look into the other features that make it worthy of your purchase.
- Out of the box seamless connectivity.
- Works on a regular 2.4 GHz wifi network.
- No additional bridge/hub required.
- Auto-unlock/lock feature.
- Lock and unlock the door with a single tap on your Apple Watch.
- Smaller in size and works with existing deadbolts.
- Voice commands works with Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant.
- Guest access with flexible limitation in minutes, hours, days, and one-time access.
- Full-featured intuitive app for remote access.
- Door Sense feature enables you to check the status of the door via activity feed in the app.
- Easy to install.
Yale Assure Lever – Alexa compatible Smart Lock with Handle
We featured this model in our top recommendations for smart locks with handle. The locks with lever or handle have their charm and fanbase. Yale Assure Lever is our choice for someone looking for a smart lock with handle and works perfectly with Alexa.
Yale Assure works on Z-Wave Plus and is compatible with Ring alarm, SmartThings, Wink, ADT, etc. Some of the notable features of the lock are
- Easy to install on existing lever/deadbolt with a single hole (1-3/8″ to 1-3/4″ thickness).
- Touchscreen Keypad with cover.
- 100% keyfree hence makes it difficult to pick.
- Requires Z-Wave Plus compatible hub for smart features to be functional including Alexa.
- Compatible with Ring Home Security System.
- Works with Alexa.
- Low battery warning.
- Auto-lock feature with customizable timing.
- Shareable access codes.
- Available in two color trims – oil rubbed bronze and satin nickel.
Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt works with Alexa
Schlage Encode is a wifi deadbolt and similar to August wifi smart lock it does not require any additional bridge. It is another solid and well-built smart lock from Schlage. It is available in two styles Camelot and Century with multiple color choices available.
To make it work with Alexa, pair it directly with Keys by Amazon app. It can also be paired with the proprietary Schlage Home app.
Here are the features of the Encode:
- Lock and unlock remotely via the Schlage Home app or Keys by Amazon app.
- Create and manage 100 codes for access through the app.
- Unique Alexa by Amazon features like low battery warning by Alexa and smart re-order through Amazon Dash Replenishment.
- Capacitive touchscreen with one-touch locking.
- Built-in alarm in case of an attempt to bump a lock.
- Low battery warning.
- Hands-free installation with screwdriver.
- Limited lifetime mechanical warranty and 3-year electronic warranty.
Kwikset SmartCode 910 Deadbolt with Alexa Voice Control
Kwikset is a well-known brand in security products. The SmartCode series in smart locks have always performed well for the company. The Kwikset SmartCode 910 is a smart lock deadbolt available in ZigBee, Z-Wave, and Z-Wave Plus technology. Our recommendation is the Z-Wave Plus model as it is a better protocol than Z-Wave. The Z-Wave model officially has been discontinued by Kwikset. There may be some inventory available with some vendors on Amazon or other online stores. You need to be careful while selecting the appropriate model.
The Z-Wave Plus is certified with Z-wave 500 chipset and provides an extended wireless range with 128-bit wireless encryption.
Let us list down the other features of the smart deadbolt lock:
- Fits most of the standard door with thickness 1-3/8″ to 2″.
- Lock the door with a one-touch button.
- SmartKey® re-key technology enables customers to make and reset any KW1 Keyway key as a backup.
- 30 Access codes for family and guests.
- Auto door lock features.
- Backlit keypad for easy access in the night.
- Works with Alexa and SmartThings using the Z-Wave Plus hub.
- In-app notifications of the door status as well as through email/SMS notifications.
- Some customers faced issues with battery holder. 83307 battery holder by Kwikset is less than $5 and easily replaceable if required.
- Auto-lock feature can be disabled only by removing the inner cover.
Lockly Secure Pro Smart Lock with Biometric Fingerprint and Alexa Compatible
The Lockly has two smart locks that are our favorite and work with Alexa. There is one model with a lever and another one with a deadbolt. Both models have identical features and fast fingerprint detection. It has a built-in advanced high-quality 3-D fingerprint sensor. It is one of the best options for keyless entry provided by a smart lock.
The key features of the smart lock are:
- Connectivity to your smartphone app through BlueTooth.
- Stores up to 99 fingerprints.
- Peek proof PIN Genie Technology: it shuffles the location of the number on the backlit keypad.
- Two physical backup keys included.
- Remote access available through the app.
- Secure Link Wi-Fi Hub required for remote access (sold separately).
- Time-specific access codes or ekeys.
- Offline access code feature for times when you don’t have access to the internet. Send codes through SMS text.
- Do not disturb feature to disable keypad access. Only authorized users can access the door if required.
- Auto-lock feature.
- One-touch lock feature: touch anywhere on the lock to lock the door.
- Works with Alexa voice commands when connected through Secure Link Wi-Fi Hub.
- Ability to update for future updates via firmware.
- Easy to install.
- Wireless door sensors available as an add-on to provide information on door status remotely.
- 2-year warranty.