There are limited smart locks that are compatible with Ring alarm and a video doorbell. If you already own a Ring product and planning to install a smart lock. Opt for a smart lock that works with Ring alarm.
The integration of smart lock with Ring alarm comes at no extra cost. All you need is a compatible smart lock.
Ring is an industry leader for its smart alarm and a smart doorbell. Your move to step into the world of making your smart home should come with making sure your existing and future smart devices can “talk” to each other.
Connecting your smart lock with Ring will increase your security and you can lock/unlock through Ring app.
The smart lock and Ring alarm/doorbell are made compatible via a physical hub that supports Z-Wave technology. If you already own a hub or you own Ring base station, you don’t need to buy another one.
Ring alarm supports around 35 smart locks and it can be quite confusing to choose the best smart lock. After reviewing the smart locks from all the leading brands, we have shortlisted the safest smart door locks that work with Ring.
Let us go through each of them and share our findings on why they are on our recommendation list.
Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt with Camelot Trim
The Encode is the latest smart lock from Schlage and is a Ring certified smart lock. Available in two colors including matte black. This is our top pick for a smart lock that works with Ring.
Along with Ring Video Doorbell and security camera, it is one of the most secure smart locks that provide seamless integration.
- It is a WiFi smart lock that does not require an additional hub. It does not support Z-Wave protocol but it works well with Ring through Keys by Amazon.
- The Ring compatibility provides the ability to lock and unlock the door with a live view from the Ring app. The Encode smart lock is also compatible with Alexa, SmartThings, Wink, Keys by Amazon, etc.
- The Ring video provides video in 1080p HD picture quality.
- Get real-time notifications.
- Use Alexa for voice commands to open/close the door.
- In-home deliveries enabled by Keys by Amazon.
- 100 Access codes
- Easy installation and quick setup with Ring via Keys app.
- The lock has an in-built alarm.
Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt with Z-Wave Plus (BE469ZP)
The newer Schlage Connect model is an upgrade to the existing connect model. The major difference is the upgrade from Z-Wave to Z-Wave Plus technology in the new model.
The connect is a Ring Certified smart lock that works with Ring Alarm. It has stiff competition with Schlage’s own Encode model. The key difference being the usage of the hub to connect to other smart home devices in Schlage Connect.
- Easy to install. All you need is a screwdriver. Snap ‘n Stay technology makes it easy to install with both hands and is free to use for installation.
- Built-in alarm that triggers when there is a forced entry attempt.
- Easy integration with Ring. Scan the QR code at the back of the lock to pair the Ring Alarm.
- Use Ring skill on Alexa to operate the door lock through voice commands.
- Automatically arm the Ring alarm when you lock the door and disarm when you unlock.
- Locking and unlocking the door works from Ring app.
- 30 Access codes for accessibility.
- It also supports Google Assistant, SmartThings, Wink, and Nexia.
Kwikset SmartCode 910 Smart Deadbolt Door Lock with Z-Wave Plus
The lastest Z-Wave supported smart deadbolt lock by Kwikset is a great option for a smart lock with good compatibility with Ring. It is one of the cheapest options around worth every dollar spent. It comes with a price tag of around $100 which is almost half the price of other smart locks.
- It supports the Z-Wave Plus technology.
- Quick access to lock status on Ring Alarm dashboard of Ring app.
- Creation of access codes available in the Ring app.
- Use Alexa for locking and unlocking the door.
- Arm/disarm the Ring Alarm by linking the lock with Ring Alarm.
- Single cylinder deadbolt comes 30 access codes.
- Kwikset SmartKey feature for the backup keyway.
- Quick install but few customers can find it little noisy in operation.
Yale Assure Lever Lock SL with Z-Wave Plus
Yale Assure Series is one of the successful smart locks with consistent sales. Yale Assure series have few smart locks that work with Ring. They work on Z-Wave technology.
We have selected the latest and one of the best smart lock with handle/lever that works with Ring. This is for customers exclusively looking for a smart lock with a handle instead of a deadbolt.
Here are some standout features of the lock
- 100% key free
- Alexa compatible with a Z-Wave plus supportive hub like Yale smart module or Ring Base Station.
- It can be easily replaced by an existing lever or knob with a single hole.
- A good option for garage entry, side door, basement, or home office.
- It comes with a touchscreen option ( keypad option available with a different model number).
- Voice guidance for programming the smart lock.
- Auto unlock feature.
- Ring compatible and certified.
- Shareable Access codes for providing access to visitors.
- Lock/unlock feature available through Ring app with arm/disarm the alarm.
How do Smart Lock and Ring work with Alexa?
Make sure you buy a smart lock compatible with Ring and support Alexa. Check our recommendation list for the same.
- Now open your Alexa app and go to Skills and Games (under three horizontals bars).
- Search for “Ring” and press the “Enable” button.
- Link your Ring account with Alexa by signing into Ring account.
- Now tap “discover devices” or Ask Alex – “Alexa, discover my devices”.
- You will see your Ring product connected to Alexa.
- Press “Forget” if you want to remove the integration.
Now your smart lock is connected through Ring Alarm and ready to take voice commands.